Cason Crew

April 29, 2012

Silly

This past week was rough. After our fun 10 hour day at the hospital for Drew, I ended up waking up around midnight throwing up myself. I was sick all morning until around 5:00. Thankfully Drew was able to rest that night and he felt better enough to take care of Presley while I slept and gained back my strength. By Friday we both felt much better and were pretty much back to normal. By Saturday we were laying hardwood floors in our living room. Never a dull moment around here.

Enough about our crazy week though. Let's talk about my silly daughter. She is at such a funny age right now. I just love her. She is starting to get to the age where she sort of jokes around. We find that she laughs at herself all the times. It's the cutest thing. Just today she was climbing over the couches (our baby wall from the floor construction) and she sort of fell over. It was funny and when she came up she was laughing hysterically like it was a joke. When we start to laugh and play with her it's almost like she gets it. She's always been a pretty funny baby, but here lately it seems like she is really trying to be funny and make us laugh. 
She's also so observant. It's as if everything we do is something she is studying and trying to figure out. When we talk I feel like she sort of understands some words. And when she doesn't get her way I think she understands that she can throw a fit and TRY to get her way. It doesn't normally work though.
She loves her books. Every night before I put her to bed we read the same four or five books. She turns the page and pulls up the flaps on the ones that have them. It's funny because I'll try to switch things up (for my benefit) and read different books. But she always ends up fussing until we read the same ones. I'm fine with that. I'll just have them memorized.
I could go on and on about how fun she is right now. I just love her so much. I can't believe she's almost 9 months old. She's such a little girl and not a baby anymore!


No comments:

Post a Comment